When you’re moving into a brand new house, the last thing you want to be dealing with is repairing items that the tradesmen have missed or, worse, seen and tried to conceal.
A pre-handover new home inspection allows you to get any defects in the building work seen to before the builder hands over the keys, making it easier and more convenient to get everything fixed prior to you and your family moving in. Our inspectors will examine every element of your new home to make sure it is safe and feels as brand new as it is.
In a pre-handover new home inspection, we will inspect the following items:
- Built-up garden areas
Sub Floor Area
- Sub-floor ventilation
- Decay or warning signs of decay, especially under the bathrooms,
- laundries and kitchens of the house
- Piers and footings
- Termite caps
- Roof frame
- Hazards such as unprotected wiring
- Sarking and insulation
- External electrical fittings – ensure they are installed according to Australian Standards and connected correctly to safety switches
- Internal walls
- Drainage Pipes
- Water leakage
- Exterior walls
- Decking, patios, verandas, balconies and other outdoor living areas.
- External woodwork such as doors and window frames
- Tiles correctly secured
- Chimney and flue structures
- Guttering, ridges, valleys and downpipes
House & pests
House & pests
Book an inspection
To book an inspection with one of the most trusted house inspectors in
the Macedon Ranges, contact ZYNC House Inspections today!