Professional Pre Purchase House Inspections In Melbourne
Ensure You Make The Right InvestmentIf you’ve been thinking about buying a house within Melbourne, then pre purchase house inspections are a prerequisite. A house is more than just a purchase. It is the place where your family will live and grow for years to come. It is also likely to be the biggest investment you are ever going to make. As such, it is essential that you make the right purchase and buy the home that best suits your family and its needs.
With our leading building inspections, you can arm yourself with all the information you need to make the right decision for your family. We will independently assess and report any issues or potential problems that exist in the house, so that you are completely informed when you decide whether or not you will purchase the property, and how much you are willing to offer for it.
Our Pre Purchase Building Inspections Process
Identical to our pre-auction inspections, our pre-purchase house inspections in Melbourne are carried out in compliance with Australian Standard 4349.1, and include a thorough inspection of the following items:
- Built-up garden areas
- Sub-floor ventilation
- Decay or warning signs of decay, especially under the bathrooms, laundries and kitchens of the house
- Piers and footings
- Termite caps
- Roof frame
- Hazards such as unprotected wiring
- Sparking and insulation
- Exterior walls
- Decking, patios, verandas, balconies and other outdoor living areas.
- External woodwork such as doors and window frames
- Internal walls
- Drainage Pipes
- Water leakage
- Broken/damaged tiles
- Tiles correctly secured
- Chimney and flue structures
- Guttering, ridges, valleys and downpipes
- External electrical fittings – ensure they are installed according to Australian Standards and connected correctly to safety switches